Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Antique Buying in England & France

A Favorite Shop


A peak inside (photo by me)

I would like to mention one of my favorite shops at Portobello, Henry Gregory.  The shop is owned by Henry and Camy Gregory.  They have a wonderful selection of luggage, trunks, sporting items, silver service items, and boxes.  Great selection of antique silver trophy cups, desk items,  champagne buckets….I could go on and on.  The selection and condition of the items is always top notch.  Go early on Saturday  to be sure you have time to see everything since the shop can get quite crowded.  But then, what shop owner doesn’t love a busy shop? Cami always greets shoppers with a smile; I always enjoy my visits with her and always come away with some unique items.


A great find last year; thread holder in the form of a grand father's clock



Another great find;  Georgian Era Barrister's Wig...not sure how they could wear these for any length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment