Thursday, September 20, 2012

Equestrian

The official day for the beginning of Fall this year is Sept 22nd; however, this morning I felt it had arrived.  I went for a ride through the woods and bridle trials with a friend this morning and we could just feel it in the air.  Cool and crisp the temperatures were 20 degrees lower than just a few weeks ago.  My faithful mount, Ben, seemed pleased with the change in weather and moved briskly along on a loose rein with ears forward.  I felt he enjoyed the change in the weather as much as I did.   My friend is getting her new horse ready for the upcoming fox hunting season here in Aiken.   Next week he gets to “meet the hounds”.   As we talked about the hunt season; I began to think about my equestrian inventory…..time for my late fall trip to England.  Below are a few items that I have shipped this past week or two to fellow equestrians. 

                                                   (photo by me)

         Fine leather case with silver plate sandwich box and drink flask



(photo by me)

Fine English Sterlin Silver Napkin Ring Holders Horse Shoe Shaped



                                                 (photo by me)

       Exceptional English Inwell with Pen Wipe in Form of Boot & Crop


                                            
                                                   (photo by me)

                           A set of four  Gucci stirrup cups; still available
    

No comments:

Post a Comment