Friday, September 14, 2012

Cottages & Creatures


At last! A touch of Fall is in the air.  We have actually had a few nights in the 50's and the weather has been lovely for watching the sunsets on the back porch.  Though each season has its own special charm; fall might be my favorite of all!  Turtlenecks and flannel shirts make me happy after a long hot summer.  Pansies and pumpkins also!  As I begin to plan my fall gardens my thoughts turn to the inside of my new cottage.  Chesapeake's Cottage is in need of a coffee or cocktail table.  My favorite pine table is too big for my little cottage and other pieces I have are...well just not right.  One day I think round maybe an overstuffed ottoman.   Maybe 2 small storage cubes, maybe a wicker trunk on wheels, maybe a glass top iron table.   I keep looking around my storage room thinking surely an antique dealer would have something that would work....especially for her own house.  So as of this post....no firm decision has been made.  But the journey has been fun!  Have a great weekend!

                                          (photo from Country Living)
                                              Perfect for little ones! 


                                        (photo from House Beautiful)

                                           (photo from HGTV)


(photo HGTV)


                                                (photo Simon Uption)
I love this table but it needs to be lower!

(photo Veranda)

Such a peaceful room and great table too!


             (photo Veranda)  

                     Another great table!             

No comments:

Post a Comment